- Green, found all over the place!
The date on which you give your lawn its first or last cut of the season.
This may relate to ground conditions rather than length of the grass, but don't worry, record it anyway.
View our live maps
Fabulous lawn facts
- The first lawn mower was invented by English engineer Edwin Beard Budding in 1827
- Before the lawn mower was invented, lawns were kept short by scything or grazing
- Tudor and Elizabethan lawns were made up of meadow plants such as camomile
- Lawns became popular in European gardens from the Middle Ages onwards
- The first steam-powered lawn mower was patented in 1893